Hi Darkroom Door fans!
Today I am popping in to share a couple of cards created for Darkroom Door featuring the NEW RELEASE Three Wonky Strips Small Stencil.
First up I created a super bright feminine card.
I used an image punched from the new Elegant Ladies Collage Sheets but you could easily replace that with a large number or a cupcake or robot to turn it into a kid's card.
I had some collage paper leftover that I created for another project, so I placed the stencil on an interesting section of that and traced around it with a black Micron pen. I fussy cut the pieces and added to my bright background.
To create the background, I first swiped the cardstock through some Mustard Seed Distress ink on my craft sheet. Once dry, I stamped the background with the Chevron Background Stamp using the same ink.
I outlined the strips on the background using a black Posca Pen and then layered on all of the other elements as well as the sentiment.
Darkroom Door products used:
Next, I created a more masculine card.
I spritzed some Pumice Stone Distress Spray Stain onto my craft sheet, spritzed a little water on there too and then swiped my cardstock through it. I repeated until I had adequate coverage and then dried it with a heat gun. I then stamped this piece with the Fishing Net Background Stamp using Cobalt Archival Ink. I inked the edges with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and a bit of the Cobalt ink too.
Next I repeated this process but this time I stamped the piece with the Woodgrain Background Stamp. I placed the stencil over this piece and cut out some 'planks of wood'. I added the 'planks' to the card and then stamped a fish using the same colours as well as some stars. I fussy cut all of the pieces as well as a sentiment and added them to the card with some coiled twine.
Darkroom Door products used
TIM HOLTZ Distress Archival Ink Faded Jeans
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you are inspired to have a play with this awesome new stencil too.
Cheers
Belinda


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete