Thursday, February 24, 2022

Darkroom Door DT - Wild Waves

 Hello Darkroom Door fans!!

Today I have two cards to share with you featuring the awesome NEW RELEASE Wild Waves Background Stamp. This is such a cool background stamp for cards, art journals and more.


Isn't this the coolest?!!
I had so many ideas floating around in my head for this stamp. I couldn't wait to play with it. So today I am sharing three cards and an art journal spread to demonstrate the different ways in which you can use this stamp.

First up is this card where I have heat embossed the stamped image with white embossing powder. I then applied various Distress Inks to my craft sheet, spritzed with water and swiped the stamped piece through the ink. I let it dry then pressed back into the ink to get a few more spots of colour. I flicked water at it too, let it sit for a bit and then blotted with paper towel to get the lovely water stained look.

I repeated the Distress Ink swiping technique using some orange Distress inks and an extra piece of smooth white cardstock. Once dry, I stamped fish on the piece using the Under The Sea Stamp Set and Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.

I fussy cut the fish and then carefully cut around the outlines of parts of the waves so that I could slip the fish in. I cut around the top of the waves too before adding to my card front.

I finished by slipping in a stamped sun using the Small Sketched Alphabet Stamp Set and the sentiment from the Happy Birthday Stamp Set.


Here's another card I created using the same techniques.



Darkroom Door products used:



TIM HOLTZ Distress Ink:


STAMPENDOUS Embossing Powder Detail White

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. You can find this stamp and more over in the NEW PRODUCTS section on the website HERE.

Cheers
Belinda


1 comment: