Friday, February 25, 2022

Darkroom Door DT - Wild As The Sea

 Hello Darkroom Door fans!!


Today I have a couple of projects to share with you featuring the fabulous NEW RELEASE Wild as the Sea Quote Stamp.


I just love the scribbly look of this font!!

For my first project I have created a fairly elaborate fold out card with three sections.


I heat embossed the Wild Waves Background on several pieces of smooth white cardstock using white embossing powder. I think in total I stamped the background 5 times so that I could layer up each section of the card.

After embossing I swiped the pieces through a mixture of blue Distress Inks on my craft sheet that had been spritzed with water. I let them dry and reapplied to the leftover ink and then flicked water droplets over to get a lovely water stained look.


Next I stamped some fish, the quote and the sun from the NEW Small Sketched Alphabet Stamp Set using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink. I fussy cut each piece,


Finally I assembled all of the pieces onto my card base and added some sequins.


Darkroom Door products used:




TIM HOLTZ Distress Ink:


Next up is an art journal spread I created in an altered book. I prepped the pages with a light coat of gesso and then used watercolour paints to create the wild and stormy looking background. I left the page for a day to make sure it completely dried for the next step.



After I had let the page completely dry, I then applied the Wild Waves Background Stamp with embossing ink. Instead of putting the stamp on an acrylic block, I held it in my hands and just applied parts of the stamp all over the bottom of the page. I heat embossed with white embossing powder each time I applied the stamp so I could see where to place the next bit.


I found a quote from a Van Morrison song and used the waves as journaling lines.


I added lots of splatters onto the pages. I stamped the ship from the Sail Away Stamp Set and also the 'sail away' sentiment using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink.


Finally, I stamped the quote on a separate piece of smooth white cardstock, added double-sided tape to the back and then fussy cut the quote. This makes it super easy to then apply the fussy cut words to the page like stickers.


Darkroom Door products used:




Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you like my Wild as the Sea projects. You can check out all of the NEW RELEASE products over HERE.

Cheers
Belinda



1 comment:

  1. Amazing foldout card!! Gorgeous journal pages, too! Tfs.

    ReplyDelete