Thursday, October 1, 2020

Darkroom Door DT - Sketched Alphabet

Hello Darkroom Door fans!


Today I am back to share my projects featuring the fabulous BRAND NEW Sketched Alphabet Stamp Set by DARKROOM DOOR.

There are a wide variety of projects this super cool stamp set can be used for but today I have two cards and an art journal page to share with you. 

First up are the cards. Two cards for teenagers because these are hard to make, right? Well I find them a challenge but this stamp set means you can create some really cool sentiments.

'YOLO' CARD


For this card, I started with a piece of smooth heavy weight black cardstock. I used a little bit of double sided tape on the back to secure it to my work surface and then used washi tape to hold the stencil in place over the top. I used a latex make up wedge to apply three coats of heavy white gesso allowing the coats to dry in between. I then added a couple of coats of Dylusions Paints.
Once the background was dry, I placed the Star Set Medium Stencil over the piece and applied three coats of the white gesso to add a bright white star.



Next I used some stamps from the Skater Rubber Stamp Set to add 'graffiti' to my background as well as the tiny star from the Hello Baby Rubber Stamp Set. I stamped a skater boy from the set onto some smooth white cardstock using Jet Black Archival Ink. I also stamped the sentiment from the Sketched Alphabet Rubber Stamp Set using the same ink. I fussy cut these elements and added to the card front using 3D foam under the sentiment.
I mounted the card front on a kraft cardstock base and then added some tiny stars from the Stars Rubber Stamp Set to finish.

'OMG' CARD



Darkroom Door products used:

RANGER Archival Ink Jet Black
RANGER Dylusions Paints:
- Blue Hawaiian
- Lemon Drop
- Mango Punch
- Sour Appletini
- Strawberry Daiquiri
- Vibrant Turquoise

Next up is my art journal spread:

'OUT OF THIS WORLD' ART JOURNAL PAGE


For this project I used a combination of fonts to create a fun and interesting sentiment for my art journal page. I have stamped using the Sketched Alphabet and Alphabet Medley Rubber Stamp Sets and also used the Awesome Medium Stencil.



Darkroom Door products used:

gesso 
Heidi Swapp Colour Shine
RANGER Archival Ink Jet Black
Posca Pen



Thanks for stopping by to check out my projects using the awesome NEW Sketched Alphabet Rubber Stamp Set. I hope you will create some amazing projects from the stamp set too.

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment