Sunday, April 2, 2023

Darkroom Door DT - Eyes

 Hello Darkroom Door fans!


Today I have a couple of art journal spreads to share with you created for Darkroom Door and featuring the brand new Eyes Rubber Stamp Set.


How cool is this set?!!! They are a fantastic starting point to help you sketch a face which is what I have done in my art journal.

For my first art journal spread, I wanted to road test the small eyes in the set. I simply stamped three sets of eyes using Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink in my Dylusions Square Ledger Creative Journal. Then I sketched faces, bodies and hair around the eyes. I absolutely love how easy the eye stamps made it to sketch a face and they took away the worry of drawing wonky eyes.


Next I coloured my 'girls' with watercolour paint adding some shading around the face. The paper in this journal is not specifically designed for watercolour but it held up really well. Once I had all of my paint applied, I set it aside to dry.


Once the pages were dry, I added in some finer details and shading with coloured pencils and acrylic paint pens.


Next I added some stencilling using a few different Darkroom Door stencils and white gesso. You can find the details of all the stencils I used below in the product list.


I finished the spread by adding the fabulous Friends Quote Stamp and a sentiment from the new This Happened Small Stamp.


Darkroom Door products used:





Next up I went for an even more whimsical feel with a single face. This time I used one of the large sets of eyes in the stamp set.


This spread was painted using acrylic paints and details added using acrylic paint pens and coloured pencils. Once I had finished painting the face, I stamped the eyes onto a strip of paper cut from another page in the same journal and stuck down on the page.


I applied the Diamonds Stencil in the large and small sizes to the background using a grey acrylic paint and stamped the Harlequin Texture Stamp on there too using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink.


I finished the pages with a quote stamp and some sentiments as well as randomly stamped stars.



Darkroom Door products used:



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. You can check out all of the fabulous new products over HERE.

Cheers
Belinda



No comments:

Post a Comment