Hi all!!
Today I am sharing some more projects for Darkroom Door featuring the awesome NEW Abstract 04 Abstract Stamp.
There are four NEW Abstract Stamps and they are all absolutely perfect for mark making on cards, layouts, art journals and more.
I have three different projects for you to demonstrate the versatility of the uber cool stamps.
'Love' Card
For my first project I wanted to show that the Abstract Stamps are the perfect size for a tall card and create the perfect base to layer on other fabulous Darkroom Door stamps.
Instructions:
Step 1:
- Cut a piece of coloured card stock 18.5cm x 21cm.
- Fold in half to form the card base.
Step 2:
- Cut a piece of smooth white card stock 10cm x 18cm.
- Stick down on the card base.
- Apply the Abstract 04 stamp using Jet Black Archival Ink.
- Dry the ink with a heat gun before the next step.
- Spritz the card front with a little water.
- Apply some watercolour paint using a soft wet paintbrush allowing the paint to float over the card front. You may need to spritz with a little more water.
- Dry with a heat gun before flicking a few droplets of the watercolour paint over the card front.
- Dry again.
Step 3:
- Stamp a flower from the Fine Flowers Stamp Set on an extra piece of smooth white card stock using the Jet Black ink.
- Dry with a heat gun and then paint the flower with watercolour paints.
Dry with the heat gun again before fussy cutting the flower.
- Add some messy thread to the card front.
- Stick down the flower using 3D foam.
Step 4:
- Stamp the sentiment and some hearts from the Hearts Stamp Set on the extra card stock using the Jet Black ink.
- Fussy cut each element. Add the hearts to the card front using them to help secure the messy thread.
- Add the sentiment using 3D foam.
- Finish with an enamel dot, button or other small embellishment.
Darkroom Door products used:
Other products:
RANGER Archival Ink Jet Black
watercolour paints
'Hello Hustler' Layout
For my second project I created a monochromatic layout to show how the Abstract Stamp can be combined with other Darkroom Door mark making stamps to make an interesting background.
I created some layers behind my photo using some patterned papers as well as some stamped pieces and twine. I love this photo of our old bull casually strolling away from the water trough. He was such a lovely placid bull (until he saw another bull that is!).
I used some stamps from the Grunge Marks Stamp Set combined with the Abstract stamp on the background. Of course I finished with some stars from the Stars Stamp Set. I LOVE this stamp set so much!
I slipped the large Patchwork Butterfly in behind the photo and paper layers and added a couple of smaller butterflies too.
I stamped 'Hustler' using the Alphabet Medley Stamp Set, fussy cut and added to the layout using 3D foam. Everything was stamped using Jet Black Archival Ink.
Darkroom Door products used:
Other products:
RANGER Archival Ink Jet Black
'Serenity Now' Art Journal Page
For my last project I just had to use this awesome stamp on an art journal spread. I created a collaged and painted background and then stamped on the Abstract 04 Stamp using Jet Black Archival Ink.
The stamp created the perfect 'ground' on which to sit the beautiful gum trees from the Gum Trees Stamp Set.
Darkroom Door products used:
Other products:
RANGER Archival Ink Jet Black
acrylic paint
gesso
collage materials
Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I do hope you are feeling inspired to give this brilliant new stamp a go yourself.
Cheers
Belinda




No comments:
Post a Comment